Each year, many households in Maryland become infested by a variety of wood destroying insects, the most notable being termites. If left unchecked they can cause serious structural damage to a home. In fact, in the United States, termites do more damage to homes annually than all reported fires, tornadoes, hurricanes and windstorms combined.
We thoroughly inspect your home or business, looking for the signs of termite infestation. Some signs include:
- Mud tubes built for traveling above ground
- Damaged or hollow-sounding wood
- Pinholes in drywall or wallpaper
- Piles of small wings
- Other specific termite indicators
We use conventional treatments to control termites. After inspecting your property, we will create an effective treatment plan that’s right for your home or building, including using TERMIDOR, a termiticide, for termite control. Using TERMIDOR, we establish a continuous chemical barrier in the soil immediately adjacent to the foundation walls, both on the interior and exterior of your home or building. This is normally accomplished by injecting the chemical (TERMIDOR) beneath the soil. The treatment methods used will vary depending on the construction of the structure. The methods used are slightly different for homes with basements as opposed to those with crawl spaces or those with slab on ground construction. The amount of termiticide used will also depend on the size of the structure to be treated. Our treatments can include:
- Exterior Protection – create a continuous chemical barrier using TERMIDOR around the exterior of your home. We may need to drill the front or rear porch, or portions of the basement floor of building to kill the termites as well..
- Direct Contact – when possible, apply chemicals directly to the pests
- Insect Growth – apply chemicals that duplicate the insect's natural hormones to disrupt their growth and development